It was a jam-packed, dizzying two days of insight, analysis and data. For those who missed Content Marketing Sydney, here are our top bite-sized takeaways from the event.
1. “The SEO side of things is really interesting and becoming a more important tool, especially to drive traffic in the long haul.” Felix Krueger, Customs Solutions Commercial Manager, Fairfax Media.
2. “We've got to adapt. We’ve got to up the game. Digital publishing puts us in a box seat to take advantage of that.” Michelle Allen, Public Affairs and Communications Manager, Coca-Cola South Pacific.
3. “You have to try. You have to experiment. You have to be prepared to fail.” Mark Jones, Chief Storyteller and Chief Executive Officer, Filtered Media.
4. “If you do brand journalism it has to be as good or better than mainstream media.” Amanda Gome, Head of Digital and Social Media, ANZ.
5. “It takes courage to give away something if value without the expectation of immediate return.” Arnie Kuenn, Chief Executive Officer, Vertical Measures.
6. “Think about the information your audience actually wants to consume. Don't contribute to the information overload.” Andrew Davis, author of Brandscaping.
7. “We need to create more valuable clients not more leads in the pipeline.” Robert Rose, Chief Strategist, Content Marketing Institute.
8. “You don't want to persuade consumers to click, you want to persuade them to change their behaviour.” Jonathan Crossfield, Storyteller.
9. “Content marketing is about building a long-term relationship. Page views do not measure engagement.” Lauren Quaintance, Co-Founder and Head of Content, Storyation.
11. “Courage is what separates the dreamers from the do-ers.” Jordana Borensztajin, humourist and creative consultant.
12. “Customers expect personalised experiences. The loyalty is to the experience not the product.” Robert Rose, Chief Strategist, Content Marketing Institute.
13. “It's not just about telling stories; it's about giving your audience stories to tell.” Jesse Desjardins, Head of Social, Tourism Australia.
14. “If you don't understand your own story how can you tell your story?” Matt Allison, Health and Care Content Marketing Manager, Bupa.
15. “Better content makes better customers.” Joe Pulizzi, Founder, Content Marketing Institute.