Podcaster, Tim Reid of the Small Business Big Marketing Show shares his story about getting started and how it's created a new business model for him. Plus learn how you can start a podcast today & the one thing you shouldn't do at the start.
Tim Reid is the founder and host of Australia’s #1 marketing podcast – The Small Business Big Marketing Show – in which he shares his own marketing wisdom as well as interviews other successful small business owners from around the world. In to its 5th year, his show has a global audience of motivated business owners numbering in the tens of thousands, and is downloaded in 110 countries! He is also a successful small business owner in his own right. By practising what he preaches and creating valuable content, Tim ranks #1 on Google Australia for the key search phrase small business marketing.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode
- Why you should consider a podcast as part of your marketing plan.
- How to start a podcast.
- Hear Tim’s story about podcasting and where he began.
- Find out how a podcast can accelerate your career and your personal brand.
- How to grow your podcast audience.
- Why you shouldn’t look at your podcast stats.
Key Take Aways
- 39 million Americans listen to podcasts.
- Podcasting can launch your speaking career.
- Focus on creating content. Outsource the job tasks: the technical side.
- You don’t need a fancy radio studio: you can record anywhere.
- Podcast recording process & software: Macbook Pro, Blue Yeti.
- Treat each social media platform differently. Create content that is unique for each networking site.
Mentioned In This Episode