Rebecca Douglas is an award-winning Adelaide-based writer, qualified computer geek and non-practising lawyer. Her work has appeared throughout Australia in print and online publications including Girlfriend, Cosmo Bride, Peppermint, Women's Health and Fitness, Diabetic Living, Green Lifestyle, Jetstar Magazine, Good Reading, The Big Issue, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC The Drum, The Mandarin, Women's Agenda and Mamamia. She has five years’ experience penning feature articles on health, travel and lifestyle topics and opinion pieces on social justice issues.
When not putting pen to paper or fingertips to laptop for a story, you can find her feverishly entering competitions on the internet and checking the mailbox for prizes. She also tweets about writing, feminism, equality, consumer rights and her love of LEGO, while her blog quietly gathers dust.
Her specialties and interests/obsessions include:
- Shopping and consumer law. Rebecca spent eight years as a consumer affairs mediator and has plenty of tips on online shopping, finding bargains, customer service, making a complaint, refunds, warranties, avoiding scams and more.
- Computer games, technology, digital journalism, social media, eBay, Twitter, Facebook and general girl geekery.
- Feminism, including issues affecting women’s careers and relationships, and the depiction of female characters in games, books, television and movies.
- Travel in Adelaide and SA. She has written a pocket travel guide about McLaren Vale and articles on Victor Harbor, the Adelaide Festival, Hahndorf and the Barossa.
- Comedy writing. Rebecca has written about everything from her family’s love affair with tracksuit pants, to the time she had to translate “We don’t want the porn” into Japanese and the time she took delivery of a year’s supply of toilet paper from a perplexed neighbour.
She hopes to write something for you soon!
Twitter: @becksandthecity (1,000+ followers)
LinkedIn: Rebecca (Doyle) Douglas (linkedin.com/profile/view?id=81479632) (500+ connections)
Instagram: becksandthecity (50+ followers)
Other: becks-carrie.blogspot.com.au/p/portfolio.html (portfolio)