I am a Melbourne-based freelance writer at Write to the Point Communications , who specialise in writing for the health and well-being market. For almost three years, I was employed by a corporate wellness company where I wrote hundreds of articles for Australian and overseas markets. I also wrote a lot of material for one of Australia's leading pharmacies.
My passion is to empower people to take charge of their health and well-being, through my writing.
I am a regular writer for Fitness Australia's e-journal Powered. I am also a regular writer for a number of other organisations.
My extensive experience has given me:
- A knowledge of the health and wellness industry
- A solid understanding of key health concerns facing the Australian population
- An understanding of how to write for the health and wellness industry
- An ability to take complex information and express it in a way that the average person can understand
- A highly developed research skills
- A knowledge of where to source up-to-date and accurate health information
- A an ability to read scientific studies and interpret the information
- An understanding of the publishing process
- A brilliant administrative, organisational and time-management skills
- A highly developed event management skills
- A highly developed verbal communication skills and strong negotiation skills
- An ability to work to deadlines.
While my niche area is health and well-being, I have the ability to work across a variety of industries, locally, nationally and internationally.
I am also the author of two blogs "Words By Nerissa" and "Write Way to Health"
Further information about me and my work can be found at "Write to the Point Communications"